Monday, January 28, 2008
Subject: Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion.When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.
CANCER CELLS FEED ON:
a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses, but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in colour. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soya milk cancer cells are being starved.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water-best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins
and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.
13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic
environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
CANCER UPDATE FROM JOHN HOPKINS HOSPITAL , U S - PLEASE READ
1. No plastic containers in micro.
2. No water bottles in freezer.
3. No plastic wrap in microwave.
Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well. Dioxin chemicals causes cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.
Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital , was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers.
This especially applies to foods that contain fat.
He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body.
Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else.
Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.
Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap
and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.
This is an article that should be sent to anyone
important in your life
"Reflexology", a name for the application of pressure by the hands, to the feet, hands, and ears is different from any other natural therapeutic modality. The feet are respected by ARCB certified reflexologists across the United States. "I love what I have done for my clients. My work is very rewarding and holistic. I help clients with their body, mind and spirit connection" states Canady.
LaShay Canady, who is certified by the American Reflexology Certification Board, has been practicing for over 2 years. Canady has a dream to conduct more local workshops to teach individuals how to do Body Reflexology on themselves, at home and work, for health challenges such as asthma, stress, nausea, headaches, and upset stomach. In the United States, the economic toll of stress-related illnesses exceeds $200 billion annually by some estimates. Stress protects under acute conditions, but when activated chronically it can cause damage and accelerate disease.
ARCB is a nonprofit corporation. As an independent testing agency it offers national certification. Its primary aim is to certify the competency of those Reflexologists who practice on a professional basis and wish to be recognized as meeting national standards. Reflexology is a wholistic energy-based modality, working through the energies of the nervous, electrical, chemical and magnetic systems of the body. It utilizes manual techniques unique to the field of Reflexology. It is safe, non-invasive therapy, profoundly relaxing, and very healing.
LaShay Canady is a highly trained reflexologist. She would *love* the opportunity to speak with you about your health. Working with a professional Reflexologist helps you to be successful in reaching your optimal health with the right support. Having it all these days doesn't mean being sick half the time and so exhausted and stressed out that you can't enjoy life. If you are ready to partner with a Professional Reflexologist, call LaShay!
LaShay is a very dedicated and masterfully skilled reflexologist who genuinely wants to powerfully impact your life and your health! If you would like to know more about her and the services she offers her clients, visit her website: www.thebossgrp.com. She can be contacted at 303-695-7695 (MT) or email email@example.com. Her mission is to help you improve circulation, increase energy levels, and help your body achieve homeostasis or balance.###
Thursday, January 24, 2008
All for less than you can buy a greeting card at the store!
Send an Unexpected Card at an Unexpected Time. See what happens in their lives...and in yours!
Visit B.O.S.S. Group Cards to request a gift accout today to send free greeting cards.
Both practices assert that disease is caused by blockages in energy channels. The acupuncture points, situated all over the body, are usually stimulated or sedated with needles. Reflexology concentrates mainly on the feet, but can also work on the hands, ears or other parts of the body, stimulating with specific finger pressure techniques the reflex areas as well as the sections of meridians situated here.
~~ Courtesy of The New Reflexology by Inge Dougans
Friday, February 8th from 5 - 8 pm. Please join us for drinks and appetizers. We're celebrating! Ring in the Chinese New Year. EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
WHERE: Meeting Point Community Acupuncture, 570 S. Broadway, Denver, CO 80209
I will be introduced and you get to see my new office!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Due to stress, illness, or inactivity, muscles in our bodies weaken; the muscle tissue in our feet give way and excessive pressure is exerted on nerve endings. As a result of these stresses, our bloodstream becomes congested, lacking in its oxygen-rich nutrients. Without the full cleansing power of the blood supply, waste matter collects in the feet, forming crystal-like deposits. The feet are “worked” to break down these deposits, which build up around the reflexes and nerve endings in the feet. The only tools used are the thumb and fingers on the reflex points. Reflexology improves circulation, increases energy levels, and helps the body achieve homeostasis or balance.
People are often amazed by the simplicity of reflexology and baffled by the results of applying precise pressure to the reflexes in the feet and hands.
People can get relief from their physical symptoms including the following:
Carpal tunnel syndrome
High blood pressure
In general a course of Reflexology will involve between six to ten treatments depending on the severity of the problem and how long the problem has been present.
Call me to schedule your first Reflexology session - 303-695-7695 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
- Allergies, hay fever
- Arthritis and R.A.
- Correction of breech presentation and induction of labor
- Dental pain
- Hypertension and hypotension
- Leucopenia (low white blood cell count)
- Low back pain, neck pain, knee pain
- Menstrual pain and irregularities
- Morning sickness, nausea, vomiting
- Perimenopausal symptoms
- Postoperative pain
- Renal colic (typically from kidney stones)
- Side effects of radiation or chemotherapy
- TMJ dysfunction
- Tennis elbow, golfers elbow
Come visit Lisa Bullis or Jessica Hardy at 570 South Broadway, Denver CO 80209 ~ 303-777-0320, FREE PARKING!!
Jessica Hardy and Lisa Bullis are two wonderful acupuncturists! Come visit them at 570 South Broadway, Denver, CO 80209 ~ 303-777-0320. FREE PARKING!!
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Benefits from Reflexology:
- Stress reductions, profound relaxation for all parts of the body
- Negates the effects of stress while it helps the body relax and balance
- Improved circulation resulting in better oxygen and nutrient supply to all the cells of the body
- Detoxification, improved organ and gland function
- Feeling better, greater productivity, enriched quality of life
- Normalization of body functions
- Prevention of illness and disease by reducing accumulated stress
- Improvement of mental alertness
- Improves interrelationships between body systems
As your professional Holistic Health Consultant, I am concerned with balancing energy flow in order to stimulate the body's own healing potential and restore a state of health as well as treating illness in a holistic manner.
I combine reflexology and meridian therapy in order to provide a more comprehensive and effective treatment program.
Feet and hand reflexology are my domain! Call me to schedule your session today - 303.695.7695!
Friday, January 11, 2008
1. Promotes good circulation
2. Stimulates stamina
3. Balances vital energies
4. Increases endurance
5. Revitalizes the power of concentration
6. Helps cleanse body of toxins and impurities
7. Helps the body heal more quickly
8. Opens and clears neural pathways
9. Renews physical health
10. Helps the body restore youthful vitality
11. Activates the nervous system
12. Reduces stress and tension
13. Improves mental energy
14. Induces tranquil relaxation
15. Reflexology feels wonderful and is cheaper than a hospital visit!
There are positions that will activate your electric lines, sending a surge of healing energy to the congested area causing the attack. Have you noticed how the collar bone forms a "V"? It is the little dip in your neck. Place the middle or index finger into this "V" and pull down while pressing firmly inward. Hold a few seconds, then massage downward. Do not press hard enough to bruise. This method is valuable in bringing quick relief from an attack of asthma. This "V" spot is a reflex to the bronchial tubes.
~~~courtesy of Body Reflexology by Mildred Carter, submitted by LaShay Canady
Thursday, January 10, 2008
B.S. – Diverse Holistic Health & Wellness
ARCB Certified Professional Reflexologist
Certified Master Herbalist-in-training
Holistic Health Specialist
I am a passionate practitioner of the holistic health and wellness industry. My primary goal is to support the body’s own recuperative efforts. I draw on several modalities in my practice to assist my clients in achieving optimal health. I have been engaged in individual and group healing work for several years as a certified reflexologist, health care consultant and master herbalist. My experience and knowledge includes years of reflexology, botanical medicine, aromatherapy, holistic nutrition, holistic pathophysiology, holistic pathology, homeopathy, and consulting.
I am known for my relaxed and lovingly supportive presence and outstanding interpersonal skills. As a consultant, I bring out the best in people with my no-nonsense yet compassionate approach. Through a cutting edge combination of reflexology, botanical medicine, and a comprehensive health and wellness plan, I assist clients to create palatable remedies/solutions that selectively support the body in the natural restoration of health by improving nutrition. I have also coached numerous clients in implementing tools for increased health, well-being, and a more natural balanced way of life.
I have worked with clients that include Goodwill School-to-Work program, Athena Festival workshops, and currently the Associated Reflexologists of Colorado (ARC) Membership Secretary. I am the founder and president of The B.O.S.S. Group LLC. The B.O.S.S. Group stands for the Beauty Of A Solo Spirit and is committed to self-care, personal pleasures and self empowerment through holistic health. I am an alumni of the Metropolitan State College at Denver, Colorado.
Call me to schedule your therapeutic reflexology session - 303.695.7695 or email me at email@example.com. I look forward to connecting with you.